If you're considering making flower crowns for your bridesmaids and/or flower girls to wear on your wedding day, you've come to the right place...
But first, a little history...
Besides being beautiful accessories for special occasions, did you know flower crowns are full of tradition and meaning? They have been a symbol of love, fertility and celebration throughout history and around the world. They date as far back as ancient Greece where they were worn to honor the Gods.
These design tips are helpful to keep in mind:
- After measuring twine to the right length for your head, cover twine in foliage. Secure to twine with floral tape or wire.
- Cut flowers leaving 2-3 inches of the stem.
- Secure flowers with wire, remember to leave the end of the wire facing out so it doesn’t poke you in the head!
- Decide if you want a symmetrical or asymmetrical crown.
- Spray final product with water - flowers will still soak up water through the petals/leaves.
I think my favorite tip that Mallory shared was to take a break if you get frustrated and sip some rosé... you may actually like your friend's crown better than yours, at first. Workshops are great for that - inspiration, creativity and education all in one place! After a few sips of wine, all is right in the world of beautiful blooms and headpiece accessories! :)
After all the crowns were assembled, we had to head outside for a mini-photoshoot... and let's just say, these ladies were the definition of gorgeous and oh-so-photogenic!
Strike a pose.